Monday, May 31, 2010

Smile on my face

This weekend leaves me with a satisfied sigh and smile on my face. I wish I had taken even just one picture of all of the fun we had, but I guess I was too busy having all that fun to capture it on film.

Jay had to work (which was the one downfall) of the entire weekend, but here is a list, in no particular order, of some totally wonderful things that brought a smile to my face this weekend.

- a mini roadtrip with my mom and grandma
- spending quality time with both of our families
- the comfort of a conversation with old friends who really know me
- driveway beers every night(that's just what we call it) with the world's best neighbors
- grilling out in Waverly
- the first weekend in the Schmitz swimming pool
- an awesome church service with music that brought me to tears and a message that sticks with me
- 8 PM jammie walks with the neighborhood kids
- an afternoon nap in the cold basement
- hugs from my grandma
- smelling like sunscreen
- a date with my most handsome husband
- a bags championship with my dad and brother
- meeting new people next door
- getting asked "how many more days of school?" and answering a number in the single digits!
- Anne coming home from college for the summer
- and looking forward to another celebration...planning our 4th of July party!

Yep, it was definitely a leave a big ole smile on my face type of weekend. I am SO incredibly blessed.

Check out the song: "Blessed" by Brett Dennen for a full musical interpretation of my weekend! : ) : )

1 comment:

Johnni said...

Glad to hear you had an awesome weekend. So funny that you mentioned that song by Brett Dennen. I think I danced around the living room with the dogs the first time I heard it - love it! I tell Matt these days that when I'm in a bad mood he just needs to have me listen to Brett Dennen -- can't stay that way long listening to his music :)