Sunday, November 6, 2011

Orphan Sunday

"If you're clinging too tightly to your things, to your plans, to your comfort and convenience, to your idea of what your family should look like -- God cannot move in your life." I shared a few months ago one family's journey to their children through adoption. (Also known as the video that made us all cry)

Today is Orphan Sunday. People all over the world are raising awareness for orphan care, foster care, and adoption.

I'm kind of bummed out that I'm just now learning that Orphan Sunday is a thing. I feel like we should have done more.  I feel like next year that will have to change. 

The Eastern European version of the Orphan Sunday website posted this video.  You don't need to understand Russian to get it's message.

All I know is, halfway across the world in an orphanage, two little people have already drastically changed the way we view our things, our plans, our comforts and conveniences, and our ideas of what our family should like. 

1 comment:

Kari said...

Thank you for sharing this. I wasn't aware of Orphan Sunday until now. Thinking about you & Jay & your wonderful adventure in the very near future. You two are going to be amazing parents to these two sweetheart children. Keep us posted, please. Take care & God Bless!