Saturday, April 21, 2012

5 Clues

I'll give you 5 clues where you can find this Mama and Papa in a little under a month:




I bet you guessed Russia. Did you guess Russia? St. Petersburg even? Gosh, you're smart!

Yep, get ready St. Pete because WE'RE COMING BACK!  27 days until we see our kids again!  We got our court date today. Thank God.

No really, thanks God.

I'm pretty sure Jay would agree that the second "big call" of adoption was even more exciting than the first. Certainly getting our referral call is, and probably will be, one of the coolest moments of my life, but this call brought instant excitement and relief. We're going back to see our three little loves, all is well with the world.

And for those also curious, we do not bring the kids home this trip. Just another visit and court. Wait, "just" another visit seems like it's NO big deal. What I really mean to say is, "WOO HOO ANOTHER VISIT AND COURT!" But people don't like to read all caps on blogs so I was playing it cool. I'm so cool.

The way things work with the court system over there right now is that trip #3 is 30 working days after trip #2. Yes, of course I immediately counted and recounted the days on my calendar to estimate when that would be.

Are you ready for the most exciting part? 

Itzy Bitzy Schmitzys estimated arrival date to the USA: first week of July! 

Best anniversary ever. Perhaps we'll have fireworks for their arrival.  As if that wouldn't completely freak them out.

8 comments:

Allison said...

What a Great Blog Post!! And the "estimated" coming home date puts "the cherry on top" for your amazing story. So very happy for you guys!

JAY!!! said...

You are so cool. I totally agree.

Ashley Schrage said...

You BOTH are pretty cool! And I love reading all caps in blogs, especially regarding Itzy Bitzy Shmitzes. CONGRATS MAMA AND PAPA!

barbara said...

Good luck in court (you won't need it, but good luck!) Read your home study over and over, because they'll ask you questions from that. They'll also ask you about how you plan to parent and discipline. In St Petersburg they'll have you prepare a "speech" (usually) that you can read (not memorize) explaining why these are "YOUR KIDS". Oh, and, YAY!!!!

The Goob said...

my guess was dusseldorf, germany.

i really need to get out more.

KrisGSings said...

So, Exciting!!!!! And I love the "Isty Bitsy Schmities" - gonna start using it myself. Can hardly wait to meet them - and see you all. Hopefully, Christmas. Crossing fingers and toes for smooth sailing.

Amber said...

WAHOO!! I don't know how you can even contain your excitement at this point!

b+k said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!! We'll wave at you and blow kisses while you fly overhead! so amazingly excited for you guys ;)