Saturday, June 30, 2012

And today....we slept

Jay has the unbelievable ability to fall immediately asleep as soon as we get in the car here, so I had to take at least one picture as proof.

We had a quick appointment at passport services this morning.  Passport services in St. Pete is like the DMV on steroids. Luckily we had a contact at the passport services and we skipped a line of roughly 400 people. Pretty exciting to see 3 cute little faces on their own passports. 

Afterwards, we were dropped back at our apartment where we proceeded to take a quick 6 hour "nap".  It felt so good to sleep all day!  The jet lag, worry, and preparation for our trip had finally caught up with both of us. I've also been told several hundred times to "sleep now, because you'll never sleep again."  Thanks guys, noted.

Tonight we explored the neighborhood we're staying in this time around and took a few pictures along the way.  All of these pictures were taken between 10 and 11 PM.  Notice how I'm wearing sunglasses? Yes, yes, those are the White Nights of St. Petersburg! 

Melissa, this picture's for you.  Mexican Restaurants DO exist in Russia....but I am not brave enough to try it.


Jay found at the movie theater that his new favorite movie is showing.  I may or may not get dragged to it later.


Canal full of boats

Canal full of  butts

And finally, some broken English on signs that made us giggle : )
This one says " I Love SoHo: Because Nothing else."
Paka folks, we'll talk tomorrow!  2 more days until we pick up the kids! 

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love following along. At almost a year from my metcha day I am sad that I didn't take enough pictures of the town that I was in or towns I drove thru or when sightseeing. Glad to see you are. That is my one big regret. Almost at pick up day! YAY!

Ashley Schrage said...

I'm glad to hear you got to sleep. One night 2 weeks ago I got 6 straight hours of sleep. It felt amazing.

blissmamaof3 said...

Sleep now while you can, our daughter didn't sleep though the night for 10 months and she was almost 4 when she came home. Our boys were champion sleepers from the start, there's just no telling.