Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Home

An older and wiser friend of ours told us last week, "You bloom where you are planted."

Jay says it's a hippie way of looking at life, but I think it's kinda cool. I'm hoping that it doesn't matter where we're planted, because we're about to get uprooted!

(Sidenote: That came across WAY cornier than I wanted it to...sorry. I couldn't resist.)

Mr. Schmeebz accepted a new position within Deere earlier this week, and with the new position comes a transfer to a new (well...not exactly new...) city. That's right, Cedar Falls!

J will actually be headed there mid-March to begin his job, while I'll stay back and finish my year up at school. Oh yes, and sell the house. I'll follow after school is finished, and hopefully will find a job of my own in the Cedar Valley here sometime soon.
(If you know any district who is looking for a fabulous teacher with three years of experience, but relatively cheap on the pay scale, let me know....)

So our lives are about to get flipped upside down, and I don't have much to say about it beyond that. I don't need to bore you with my deeply optimistic views on how all the little details will fall into place, or my fears that they won't, so I'll leave it at that.

We're movin'!!

3 comments:

Johnni said...

That's so exciting! Good for Jay - I'm excited to hear about it. Plus, maybe this means I'll get to see you more?!?!? We'll see... :)

Ashley Schrage said...

What day does school end? :)

Kelsey said...

June 3?