Monday, December 14, 2009

10 week celebration!

(In case you haven't seen us in the past 10 weeks...)

Jay and I made the decision 10 weeks ago to do something about our ever-growing bellies and laziness, so we enrolled in Farrell's Extreme Body Sculpting in hopes to make some changes.

We thought you might be unsure of what this involves, so we made a little home video montage of our training.

Click here to see: Kelsey and Jay training home video


Alright, so not exactly : ), but we have been working hard. 3 days a week we've spent fitness kickboxing (with punching bags, gloves, etc), and 3 days a week have been resistance training.

Today was the end of our 10 weeks and we had some testing to see if we've made any improvements, or if this has been a colossal waste of time. So here are our results. Since we did this as a team, I thought I would combine our numbers and report our results as a team.

Okay, here we go:

Total pounds lost: 29.4
Total body fat percentage lost: 7.7%
Total inches lost: 33 3/4 inches
Total pants sizes dropped: 4

Here are some other improvements in our testings.
Push-ups in a minutes: 102 more than week 1 testing
Sit-ups in a minute: 39 more than week 1 testing
Sit and reach: 14 1/2 inches more than week 1 testing
Mile run: 3 min 33 seconds faster on our miles

I'm happy to report that team Schmeebs has decided to continue this fitness thing for another year. Jay says that the best way I could wrap up this post about fitness would be to end with a picture of him dancing naked. Seeing as I don't have a picture of that, nor do I ever hope I will, I'm going to leave you instead with that wonderful mental image.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

oh my... I wonder if I'll have that image in my head ALL day :)
great job to both of you!!!