Friday, September 9, 2011

The Mysterouis Egg

I love my job. Like "have to drag myself out of bed every morning still because I hate waking up... but once I'm there can't wipe the smile off my face" - love my job.  Kids are so much more creative than adults, and I love that I get to see into their worlds every day.  Sounds hokey, but they inspire me. Okay, that sounded just as hokey on computer screen as it did in my head. 

Here is a piece of writing by one of my third graders. He approached me today with this piece of paper cut in an oval shape and said,
"Hey Mrs. S. I just cut this out, now what should I do with it?"

Seeing as he was supposed to be writing, not cutting his writer's notebook into random shapes I said, 
"How about you write about a mysterious egg found by scientists, and that's the egg they found." How's that for a consequence? Way to go, teach. : )

Well, this is the product. I think it speaks for itself. I present to you....The Mysterouis Egg.  (Oh come on, he had the right letters just in the wrong odre.  You know what he means!) (Did you catch my joke?) (Is a joke really good if you have to point it out?) (Do I overuse parenthesis?)

Nobody knows. : )

1 comment:

Amber said...

That's really funny!