Monday, September 1, 2008

The First Post

“Why, Schmeebs, are you here to bother me today? Why do you deserve a little slice of public internet domain in which to share your freedom of speech on a regular or not so regular basis? And why would anyone choose to read it? Please state your purpose.”

So… I’ve got this husband. (Hmm, that doesn’t quite explain it.)

I’ve got this husband who has a blog. (And?)

I’ve got this husband who has a blog and takes any random event in our life (or thought in his head) and fictionalizes, dramatizes, or hyperbolizes it to the point where someone else might be interested in hearing about it. (Getting there...)

Here enlies my problem, oh great Wizard of Blogz: While the general public would agree that this husband’s blog borders on interesting, who’s to know what’s real and what’s not? Who can tell which tales are fact and which are fiction?

Someone needs to set the record straight. This wasn’t a problem before. This guy was just a boyfriend and then just a fiancé. I could claim him when I wanted to and pretend he wasn’t mine when he did something ridiculous. But now, he’s my husband and I’m legally bound to him “until death do us part.” I can’t allow him to drag my name through the fictional mud any longer.

So there you have it, my blog’s about bringing the truth to my readers. This will not be the best blog ever. It’s a way for me keep in contact with a handful of family and friends who are bored enough to read something I write or look at a picture I post. It’s about telling the world there is some good Schmitz out there. They need to know that not all of us have shiny foreheads.

“Permission granted, and Godspeed, newlywed.”

Today marks the first day of my journey into the wonderful world of blogz.

4 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

a blog !!!!! kickin !!!!!!!!!!

JAY!!! said...

While I completely disagree with you that my blog hyperbolizes inconsequential events, I'm glad to see you have joined the world of blogz.

Viceroy Fizzlebottom said...

It's only your first blog, and already you've said more important things than your husband will ever say in a blog or to his little alien friend Ozmodiar that only he can see.

Do you feel a little dirty about joining the blogosphere? I know I did. But cold showers and a scrubbing brush dull the pain a little bit.

ECHOMAMA said...

I'm new to the whole blogging thing too, but, as I am horrible about keeping in touch with friends and relations, I figured a blog was the way to go. that way, if they don't read it, it's THEIR fault we don't keep in touch. After all, I did my part.

Love your blog, by the way. You'll be surprised how interesting your life can be. Good luck!

havefamilywilltravel.blogspot.com