Wednesday, September 17, 2008

“If One’s good, Two’s Better”






So far I'm not very good at this blogging thing. I haven't felt there has been anything all that eventful enough for me to write about in blog form. Until Monday.

My grandma has always lived by the philosophy,"If one's good, two's better." Jay and I got the crazy inkling that we'd like to test this theory with...dogs.

Yes, most think we are absolutely insane. Others find it perfectly logical. I have to admit I think there are more votes in the first category at this point.

Winnie, a 7 week old cocker spaniel, wandered into our lives Monday night. Okay, it really wasn't that fateful...


I have had the puppy itch lately. Usually my itch can be scratched by simply making a trip to Teske's (the local pet store) or the humane society. Well, after 2 consecutive weekends dragging Jay around the humane society/pet store circuit (5 locations in all), I still wasn't feeling satisfied.

I went to the online QC Times classified ads and saw the cutest face I've seen...since Dottie.

A few phone calls later and a trip to Andalusia, IL (who knows where that is anyway?) and Jay and I are driving home with a puppy in tow.

Yes, we might be crazy, but who could resist this face?




2 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

YAY, you're back to blogging! i check frequently :) can't wait to meet your newest addition! how old is she?

Viceroy Fizzlebottom said...

Your "Schmitz Bitz" logo is made better by the fact that you had your husband's face covered up by the "Bitz."

What is it about the Schmitz clan and spaniels?