Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just call him Clark Griswold...

Jay got our outdoor lights finished last week - don't they look great? We attempted to tag-team effort this project, but after having my hand stepped on while steadying his ladder, I lost my patience and decided this project was not for me. I love this time of year and looking at all of the lights. It puts me in a much better mood when it's dark by 5:00 PM when I get to pull into the driveway after work and see this.

Here is a close-up of our front porch. I thought the light-up snowman was too cute to resist! : )


I tackled most of the indoor decorations, the most exciting of which was our new Christmas tree. Jay promised that if we moved into a house that had room for a bigger tree, we'd get one. There is something about a full-sized tree that makes it really feel like home.

(This was our tree last year - cute, but not quite the same effect.)
How are you getting into the holiday spirit?

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks, Kels! I needed a little more inspiration. Our tree is up, but that's as far as I've gotten. Maybe I'll attempt to actually decorate it today. :) As far as the outdoor lights go, that's a huge undertaking I'm not sure that we are ready for. :) :) Good work, Jay!

Ashley Schrage said...

I'm so jealous! Travis is too much of a scrooge to do lights :(