Thursday, April 28, 2011

TOMS

They arrived in the mail a few weeks ago, and I've been smitten ever since.  Yes, they're my TOMS.


If you haven't heard of TOMS, they're a super-fantastic (whoah cheerleader!) company that matches shoe purchases with shoe donations, one-for-one. Pretty rockin', right?  I think so. 

In Covey language, we call that a win-win.  I win because I get these cute, lightweight, super comfortable shoes.  And some child in the country of Argentina, Armenia, Burundi, Cambodia, China, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Haiti, Hondorus, Lesotho, Malawi, Mali, Mongolia, Nicaragua, Niger, Peru, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, or Zambia wins because they get a pair as well.

(Worldliness test: Did you recognize all of those as countries?  I will admit, there were a couple I hadn't heard of before. Dang you, Iowa naivety.)

I love mine so much and I don't even need a pair of shoes.  I can't imagine how excited a child receiving their first-ever pair of kicks would be to get some TOMS.  I mean, I hope the kid who got my donation got a pair made with really cute funky fabric.  Can I request that?

Dear TOMS,

Please give my donation of 1 pair of shoes to a child in need.  Also, can you make sure her shoes are made with extra cuteness and the fun fabric? I'd appreciate that.

Sincerely, Kelsey
Okay, maybe not so much.  Also, I think I would about die of heart-spilleth-over if  I was ever involved in a shoe drop.  You know, go to the country with the company and drop off some shoes to some kids.  My eyes would probably be swollen shut from all of the beautiful happy tears I'd shed.  Maybe I should get going on  my second letter....

Dear TOMS,

I just bought my first pair of TOMS, but I really like what you do.  Can I come along to deliver  my one pair donation myself?  Your job is cool. So is mine, I'm a teacher and I have a summer vacation.What I'm getting at is that perhaps you could schedule one of your shoe drops over the summer and I could go?  I'd appreciate that.

Sincerely, Kelsey

                                                               Lovin' my TOMS!

1 comment:

Johnni said...

Dear Kelsey,

It would be awesome to have you drop the shoes, but we are afraid the kids might be afraid of all your tears. Be assured that the little one will get a special spunky elf design just from you. Thanks for your letters, and keep sportin' the kicks! Your feet look especially great in that pair!

"tom" er... not so much tom