Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fkus-nah?

I know I didn't get a chance to blog on Family Day, but it was a crazy day full of lots of love and chaos.  I was able to steal a few precious minutes on the computer late in the evening hours and was overwhelmed by all of your kind thoughts and words.  You brought me to tears, guys.  Seriously, thanks for everything.

Day 2 as a family is going amazingly well.  All of the kids ended up sleeping in late after their late night up, so we did manage to all get some rest!  We are bonding over food and love and songs and games. 

My favorite moment of the day so far was sitting at the lunch table with my family. My family.  Ahh my heart swells just saying it.  Okay gushy mom, stop. : )

Anyways, I asked the kids "fkus-nah?" which means "is it yummy?" in Russian.  Then I modeled the response in English, "It's YUMMY!" 

To my surprise all three kids yelled YOMMY!  (Okay, Livvy yelled YOM, but close enough!)

All day they've been marching around the apartment yelling "It's YOMMY!" 

They freaking amaze me. 

Life is good, folks.  Prayers still appreciated as we board a train from St. Pete to Moscow tomorrow on day 3 as a family with no translator. 

Transitions are scary for them, and scary for us!  : )   

Paka!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Hoping the train ride goes smooth and the days you have in Moscow :-)

blissmamaof3 said...

You will be fine! We found it easier to be with our children initially without the translator. They were almost 4, 3 and 2 when we brought them home. Sleep is crucial and if you're getting it, you can handle anything!

Melissa said...

Yeah for family day!!!!! I'm an so so so excited for you!!!

barbara said...

Congratulations on your Family Day! As hard as it will be, try to get to Red Square!

Mrs. Plagge said...

So happy for you guys! Best wishes and safe travels!!! Luv ya!