Thursday, August 23, 2012

Resemblance

"You two look exactly alike!" a random stranger told Jay at the gas station.

How did you reply? I asked when he got back into the car and told me the story.

I told him "thanks," smiled, and we went on our way. 

You know, I think "thanks" is enough. 


The first day we met Joel.  His caretakers went on and on about how he looked like his "Papa" 
Trip #2 to visit Joel. Don't you just want to see a smile on that face?

Sure do love this boy.
This dude was definitely meant for our family. : )

4 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

They do look just alike. Although Joel might have lucked out by getting a slightly smaller and less shiney forehead! :)

Anonymous said...

It's so funny, our son looks like his papa as well. Same chin, hair colour and all. And yes, they made a big deal of it in the children's home the first time.
I do think thanks is enough. No reason to say anything else.

barbara said...

It took me a long time to learn that "thanks" is enough! I think I was just so surprised when people said it to me, that I felt I had to explain.....duh!

Anne & James said...

I get that all the time with our daughter. She is my mini me. When we got her referral we put our baby pics together and it was amazing. When people say that to us I always say that's because she's my daughter.