Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to School Speech

I know we're not technically "the students of the nation" anymore, so this speech is not directed towards us. But neither is the children's message at our church. So why does the simplified version of God's love for me sometimes make more sense? I think it's okay to not lose our inner child - the simplified and purer versions of ourselves. It's refreshing.

I also know I have some blog readers who are not Obama supporters, and that's okay with me. Picture your favorite inspirational figure reading it aloud to you, or your favorite teacher, or James Earl Jones - he has a cool voice.

Read the speech here

So intended for us or not, take 5 minutes. Read the speech. Tune in your TV tomorrow and watch it. I really think it's a message we can't stand to miss. Because sometimes it's the simple things like never giving up, washing our hands, and reminding us all that we are special that matter the most.

No comments: