Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pinkie

(Disclaimer: If you're not a pet person - you'll definitely find this blog post boring and possibly ridiculous! And for the record, I'm totally okay with that.)
This is Pinkie.

I know I've mentioned her in blogs before, but Pinkie holds a special place in our family. Dottie received Pinkie as a gift from my mom about a week after we got her. She went to stay at my parent's house while I supervised a Jr. High trip to the boundary waters. Dottie and Pinkie have been pretty inseparable ever since.

Pinkie started as a comfort object for Dottie to lure her into her kennel. She HATED her kennel (and probably still would if she ever had to go in it). So we used Pinkie and a treat to get her to go inside. They were almost the same size back then.
Over the years, Pinkie has become Dottie's little partner in crime. She carries her everywhere. She treats her like another dog to cuddle with, but when it comes time to play, Pinkie is often what she wants to play "go get em" with.

I've come home on many occasions and found Pinkie in some of Dottie's "lookout" spots. I often wonder if she walks around with her during the day while we're gone.


Lastly, Pinkie sleeps with us each night. If I go to bed early, Dottie will find Pinkie and drop her off in bed with me, and then wait up with Jay. If she is tired, then she'll drop Pinkie off with Jay and she'll come to bed.

Probably my favorite nightly ritual with Pinkie happens when we go to bed together. Dottie will stay for a few minutes - almost as if to check we're going to stay there - then she'll find Pinkie in the house and bring her to bed. It never gets old!

Pets are so funny! I wish I could know what's going on in that little head of hers!

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

this post makes me wonder what mowgli is doing right now..... :)