Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm attached.

No, it's attached, actually. Our garage, that is.

I went to leave the house on this rainy morning. I open the door, I walk into the dry space, I get into my car. I'm still warm and dry and have a smile on my face!

No more running down the skinny sidewalk to the garage on the alley. No more stepping in that puddle of water that has always gathered right at the end. No more getting soaked while trying to unlock the garage door. No more wondering why I bothered to even dry my hair to begin with.

I can step conveniently out the door and into my car.

It seems like a very simple thing - but I'm spoiled now, I'll never go back!

I'm attached! To our garage! : )

4 comments:

Johnni said...

Does that make it worse when you get to your actual destination and find yourself yet again in the rain...? j/k -- I'm glad your enjoying it. We moved up in the world to an attached carport, but we haven't quite made it to an attached garage. Maybe someday!

Matt said...

I would like to point out that "Johnni's car" is the one under the attached carport. I still run through the rain to get to "my" car. You girls have it so easy.

Amber said...

It is the simple things!! When we lived at our duplex, Ross had to park out in the street. On one of the coldest mornings that winter, his car literally got iced to the street (the puddles he parked in froze around his tires). I had a snow day, so he took my car out of the garage... otherwise he would have been SOL!! Attached garages are glorious... although he is back out in the driveway because his sailboat gets his garage space. :)

Ashley Schrage said...

i bet i'll NEVER get an attached garage... or a dishwasher! :)