Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thank You.

A friend and former coworker of mine emailed me today to ask me my opinion on an email she received.

For anonymity's sake, we're going to call my friend Samantha. And on the off chance the person that emailed her would ever stumble upon my blog, we're going to call the person she received the email from Wilma.

Wilma emails Samantha.

Hey Samantha, I have a question about one of the students Kelsey had last year. Can you send me her email address?

Samantha emails Wilma.

Yah, no problem - her email address is blahblahblah@cf.com. Have a great day!

Wilma emails Samantha.

ty

TY? We concluded that TY must mean "thank you" in text talk. But we're not texting, we're emailing. Does it really take that much more effort to type up the words:

Thank You ?

And use some punctuation for cryin' out loud!

wdytabt?
(What do you think about this?)



No comments: