Thursday, October 1, 2009

Would you like a cup of tea?

I have this horrible cold that started about a week ago. It's been one of those colds you can't ignore - constantly blowing my nose, losing my voice, and coughing. I'm sure this is the first of many that will come during the cold and flu season at school. It comes with the job.

During lunch today, someone suggested I try a NetiPot. She said she swears by it.

"It's a little teapot like thing, and you mix a solution and it clears up your sinuses".

Seemed simple enough. After school, I ran to HyVee and I found the little blue teapot, picked it up, and checked out. No further glances taken.

I didn't closely examine the package until I got home.

I thought: teapot - tea like solution - drink - feel better?

In reality: teapot - saltlike solution - stick the spout up your nose - blow. GROSS!!!

The person on the cover enjoying a nice drink of tea...wasn't drinking tea at all. He was pouring through his nose! ICK!!!

Since youtube has videos of EVERYTHING out there - I found a demonstration of my experience.

Some radio guys try a Neti Pot

I swear I'll try anything to get rid of this cold, and so, yes, I did try the NetiPot. Although the NetiPot did clear my sinuses temporarily, they have clogged again.

The temporary relief may have been worth it though. I might have to try it again later.

1 comment:

Manfulls said...

I use Sinus Rinse which is just like Neti Pot except instead of the pot, its a bottle with the same solution that you squirt up your nose. I do it for my migraines which are being caused by my sinuses. It WORKS!!!! Yes it is a little uncomfortable and awkward squirting water up your nostril and having it come out the other nostril. And also a little gross seing what comes out of that nostril. A lady who swears by it tells me to do it twice a day. Right now I a just do it once a week. Keep it up!!! :)