Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let's be chickens.


Seeing as it's Cinco de Mayo, I feel there really would be nothing more appropriate than blogging about my undying love for margaritas.  Do you?  Well, I thought so too, but there really is not a whole blog post available on that subject at this time. And pish posh, too obvious. 
I always do, margarita, I always do. 
So instead of talking about the happiest beverage on earth, I'm going to blog about.... the mail! Hold on to your seats, folks. The mail's here. Let's be chickens. 


(You'll be thinking about those 15 seconds of footage all day, promise.)

In my opinion,  there are 4 types of mail.
Type 1: Junk Mail - Useless to all, looks friendly and promising, yet fulfilling only to our garbage.
Type 2: Bills & Statements - Forwarded on to the billing department.
Type 3: Mail for Jay - Could it be? Something other than a bill or junk? Yes!! Ahhh man... it's for Jaaaay.
Type 4: Mail for Me!  A card? An invitation? A magazine??! Yippee! 
Got this baby in the mail today from Barb - seriously heel clicked in the driveway as I opened it.

That's how I feel when I get Type 4 mail.  Super excited, smile on my face, clucking all around and flappin' my wings.  My friend Barb, she's rockin' at sending Type 4 mail.  Pretty sure I'd get a card from her on President's Day if they made them.  I dunno, maybe card sending is her love language. But getting a random card from my friend makes my week.  
Here we are celebrating College Roommate Appreciation Week.
Card received in mail one week prior. Love you!
Many a New Years Resolution have been dedicated to get better at sending Type 4 mail.  Because Steve and I can't be the only ones out there who gets ridiculously excited to get something like a card or a magazine - can we?  
I wonder what animal Steve pretends to be when he gets a magazine?
And yet every year I fail miserably.  Probably because of my irrational fear of the post office and my utter inability to plan ahead, but whatevs.  It's the thought that counts right?  Okay, not so much on this one, slacker.  My "brainwaves happy thoughts invisible card" doesn't quite have the same effect.  Darn.  


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I got that card yesterday....so exciting! 35 days!!!!!!!