Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Does This Make You Want to Buy Coffee?

This blog took a weird turn. Originally, I was going to write about the following commercial, and how I don't understand what in the world it has to do with coffee:


This is no secret: I love commercials. I also hate commercials. I like good advertising and, in my opinion, the above is not good advertising. Is it an entertaining commercial? Yeah, sure. Their hands move really fast, but tell me again, what was the new coffee product they were advertising. It had whip cream on it. That's all I remember. All coffee products have whip cream on them now. I don't like this commercial because it doesn't do the one thing a commercial is supposed to do: sell you something.

I was going to write more about commercials, but when trying to find the above commercial on Youtube I discovered the strange hand dancers have identities. They are Up and Over It: a strange, hypnotic Irish Dance troupe. Also, they are awesome. Here's another video of them doing their thing, which, as mentioned, is being awesome:


There are many more videos which can be found on the website I linked above. I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Tasty and Tortuous Tuesdays other than McDonalds sort of serves food sometimes, but cool right?

No comments: