Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winter Blues

Have you ever heard the advice: "create a life for yourself you don't need to escape from?"  I have, and for the most part I feel like I live a life I don't need to escape.  But when it's been -30 windchill for weeks, and we've had indoor recess for four straight days, I'm looking forward to getting out of here!
Luckily, Jay and I have quite a few warm places in our futures.  Here's where I'm dreaming of these days...

Phoenix, Arizona:  I (Kelsey) will be in sunny Arizona in 2 short weeks.  I'm going for a conference for work, so I'm sure I won't be spending much time outside. But I am looking forward to a change of scenery, and hearing from some cool keynote speakers in education.

 
Orange Beach, Alabama:  My mom and I will be traveling to Orange Beach for our annual spring break trip in exactly 1 month and 2 days. (That countdown is for you, Rachael) This is by far my favorite week of the year and Orange Beach is our home away from home.   Ahhh, I love it.


Los Angeles, California:  The Jayman will be heading to LA the end of March for an extended weekend extravaganza to visit our friend Jeff.  He's going with my brother and a group of guys and they're doing manly things like drink beer and go to every sporting event possible.


Las Vegas, Nevada:  I've never been to Vegas before, and I'm hoping (barring no more snow days) that I'll be rocking Vegas for the first time for my friend Barb's bachelorette party the beginning of June.  It could get crazy folks.  Please no more snow days!!!


Dreaming of warmer places tonight and thankful we've built a life where we can escape when we want to.  : )

No comments: