Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Focus

I'm glad Kelsey finally came home Friday night because I noticed something when she was gone this week: I can't focus on any one thing. I had several things I planned to do while I was Mr. Bachelor this last week. I was going to finish the book I was reading (Infinite Jest). I was going to watch two movies: The Kids are All Right and True Grit (the new version). I planned to start Dave Ramsey's new book. I wanted to clean out the unfinished area of the basement (or start to).

What did I do?

None of the above. When Kelsey is here, I have no problem reading...but I didn't get any reading done while she was gone. I couldn't concentrate because whenever I'd start reading I'd think, "I should be doing one of the activities I can't do when Kelsey is around (ie watch a loud movie)." But then I'd start a movie and think, "what a waste of time."

So I'm glad Kelsey is back. It's easier to focus when she's here. I'd make a terrible bachelor.

No comments: