Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bachelor Weekend

As Kelsey talked about throughout last week, she left Friday afternoon for a sunny vacation in Alabama. Because of this, I am a bachelor for a week. If this weekend is any indication, I don't know if Cedar Falls can contain me.

This was the picture Kelsey sent me while I was at work today.
On Friday, after I dropped Kelsey off at her parent's, I wasted no time in going out with another woman. In fact, I dropped off Kelsey and picked up a woman at the nearest corner. (for those that don't know, my parents and Kelsey's parents live diagonally across the street from one another)

It was about 4:30 when I had supper on Friday. When Kelsey's gone, I rebel. I eat early. Real early. None of this 5:00 stuff. No way. 4:30.

After supper I dropped mom back off at her corner and went home. I immediately hit the hard stuff. We were out of Diet Coke. The chocolate milk was dwindling. So I cracked open a Sprite. A real, 130 calorie Sprite. It was a delicious and thirst-quenching blast of lemon AND lime. After one, I got greedy. I wanted one more. About halfway through the second can, I started to feel a little woozy. I tried to read. I tried to watch TV. Then I passed out. Hard. There I was at 7:00, dead to the world on the couch. (it might have had something to do with studying until 3:00am on Wednesday and not getting home from school until midnight on Thursday)

The hard stuff. Makes you crazy.
Normally, Kelsey and I sleep in on Saturdays. Not this Saturday though. I got up real early--5:30am--and went to work. After work, I met my father-in-law and brother out for ANOTHER early supper. Two in a row. Take that Kelsey! After dinner, I once again went home. I did some dishes and some laundry. Kelsey usually does the dishes, but not this time! Then I worked on homework. During my homework I rewarded myself by absent-mindedly drinking the leftover half can of Sprite from the day before. It was flat and awful and knocked me right back out. At least this time it was 8:00pm.

Dottie is confused by my new laissez faire attitude. She stared at me throughout question 2 of my stat assignment.
Kelsey called to wake me up later in the night. She'd arrived safely. I told her about all the my hijinx. She said I was a big rebel and told me to calm down. I told her I didn't shave that day, and I didn't plan to shave Sunday. I could tell she didn't even know who she was talking to. She was impressed with my bad-assery, just as I'm sure all of you are now.

No comments: