Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Day I Burned 1000 calories

It started innocently enough.
Dougan likes shopping.
"Hey Kels, do you wanna go to Old Time Pottery this morning?"


Heck yes! I thought that sounded like a great idea. 
If that were my truck, I'd fill it with Adirondack chairs, just sayin'.
Why such a great idea? Because I love to find a good deal, and Old Time Pottery is a wonderful mix of  really cool or really crappy discounted items for your home.  It's like a treasure hunt to find something of value amongst a lot of junk, and that's definitely part of the fun.

Most of the time, you find gems like this American Flag Condiment set. Perfect for your 4th of July party. 
No Jay, I did not purchase this. 
  Or this scene of ceramic bears at the barber shop. 
Who's interested in buying this? Bears? Barbers?
And witty signs for your front door to let all of your neighbors know you have the best house in the hood.
Don't worry, THIS was on clearance
But every once in a while you find a diamond in the rough. Like this mirror I found a few years back for just 15 bones.
Mirror found at OTP, dresser found at Jay's childhood home

Or this rug I bought for our living room that same day for just $30.  
Ha ha - look at Dottie!
I did find a few great items there today, and I can't wait to share them with you.  But we'll have to save that for another night for 2 reasons.  1: I am exhausted. 2: You want to know how I burned 1000 calories today.

Well....OTP led to one shop, which led to another, which led to another.  And whaddya know? We've been shopping for literally 12 hours.  I found an online source that tells me I burn 89 calories an hour while shopping.


So take 89 x 12 = 1068 calories!  Woot to the woot! 

Speaking of a lot of calories, this would not be a full disclosure blog if I did not also admit to you that I ended my night with buffalo chicken pizza and a mini blizzard from Dairy Queen.

But we're going to focus on the calories burned, not the calories eaten that offset them. : )
Don't worry, it's got a GF crust.
And who said shopping wasn't good for you?

No comments: