Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello my name is Kelsey, and I'm a decoraholic.

Seriously, I can't help myself.  Our kitchen wall has been 3 colors and we've only lived here 2 years.  I move things, swap things, and rearrange until I like it for a while - then I like to do it all over again when I get sick of something.  Our house will never be finished. 
Yah, I subscribe to Better Homes and Gardens - why don't you?
Lucky for Jay, I'm addicted to decorating on a major budget.  I pride myself in finding cute things at reasonable prices.  I'm no Martha Stewart, but I enjoy it, and it's my house, so I guess that's all that matters - right?
My copy-cat look - complete with unkillable flowers. I prefer my plants to be death-proof. 
 Here are some things I'm loving right now....

This picture in my living room was originally purchased from Walmart (that's right, Walmart) for $10.  It's been a nice print, but kind of blah.
It's okay, it served it's purpose
And it's been replaced by my find of the day at Old Time Pottery!  The price? $30!!  You want to see it up close?
I  knew you did. Obviously, I'm still an offensively horrible photographer, but I love this artwork!!!  It brings out the whites, the tans, the chocolate browns and blues in the living room and kitchen. LOVE IT. 
Much improved
And I can't resist little things like this $5 polka dotted fish that was just screaming to be placed in our hall bath. 
 Because he already had a "matching" buddy on the wall.
Everyboooody! - yahhh - Rock your potty!!! - yahhhh!
Or this $6 silver starfish that I have no place for yet....
But I'd like to do something like this with someday:
Yes, that's Young House Love. Part of the reason for my addiction.
Lastly, I bought this framed photograph at the Orange Beach art fair.  It matches NOTHING in my house, but I had this strong feeling that it belonged to me.

I sense a room repainting coming on....

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm fairly certain that we were separated at birth...

JAY!!! said...

Oh good. A repainting. *SIGH*