Friday, March 11, 2011

Home At Last

I love reading blogs.  My favorites update nearly daily, and to me, it's like a good book that never ends.  Throughout our journey to growing our family, I've become particularly fond of blogs about people in similar situations.  I'm drawn to stories about families forming, fertility, and adoption.

I often find new favorites by traveling down the link trail...a blog, to a blog, to a blog.  That's how I stumbled upon the doozy of a video I'm about to share with you.  This is a real family's story of bringing home their two newest children from Uganda.  If it looks professionally done, it's because it was put together by two of their crazy-talented friends. And no, those aren't actors - that's just their beautiful family. Seriously, I dare you to watch this video and not cry. 


Okay, so if you loved that mushy feel-good kind of stuff, and you have time beyond the daily 3 minutes you commit to reading our blog, check out their full story over at their blog.

Happy Friday, ya'll! :) 

P.S. - If you consider yourself in the self-proclaimed "I'm addicted to reading blogs" category- email me, and I have plenty more I can share with you! There's no shame in it.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Not a dry eye at our place! Pretty awesome!

Johnni said...

glad you posted that one. i see you gave some warning. side-swiped me when i watched it after you saying something like "it's awesome!" wow

Ashley Schrage said...

i cried too, ok..... I sobbed.

Unknown said...

I should have known better than to take your dare. Now I'm sitting in my office with a kleenex, trying not to draw attention to myself while I'm dabbing my eyes and blowing my nose. Beautiful!