Sunday, January 23, 2011

And She's Out.

Kelsey was supposed to be on blog duty tonight, but after a busy weekend of organizing our entire upstairs, dog-sitting for my parents, watching a squirrel ski, and changing allegiances six or seven times between the Packers and the Bears, she's out cold:

Kelsey's blog will have to be posted another day.
I on the other hand worked and slept all weekend, so I don't have much to report. Though I did conduct a very scientifically accurate poll you might all be interested to hear about. Since I was the Duty Supervisor at work this weekend, I brought in doughnuts for the guys today. Hy-Vee (a grocery store) sold Packers colored and Bears colored doughnuts. I bought thirteen of each doughnut. I only paid for twelve of each. Hy-Vee's bakery considers "twelve" a dozen, even for baked goods. The cashier wanted to charge me for my thirteenth doughnut! I cried foul. I told them thirteen doughnuts was really a dozen and that everyone knows this. The cashier disagreed. He said twelve was a dozen.

I then looked up the wikipedia entry for "baker's dozen" on my phone and showed it to the cashier. He either appreciated this gesture or resented it a great deal, but he allowed me to purchase baker's dozens for the price of normal dozens. This is a small victory for mankind I believe. Anywho, I better get back to the science.

I told all the guys at work that the first team's doughnuts to be devoured will win the game. The Packers doughnuts were gone first. In fact, there were four Bears doughnuts left at the end of the day. Obviously, the Packers won the football game. I'm now Nostrajaydoughnutmas. Bears fans might argue my data gathering wasn't entirely accurate seeing as most of the people eating doughnuts today were people from non-English speaking people from Brazil who consider football to be that stupid sport with the white and black ball that people stand around a field and kick.

Either way, the message here is that it's late, and earlier today I talked Hy-Vee into giving me two free doughnuts, and Kelsey is sleeping, and I should be too. Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do realize Wikipedia can be edited to say anything you want, right? That HyVee cashiers can be swayed by Wikipedia entries sounds like a loophole just begging to be exploited.