Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Peanut Butter and Pork?

Very few meals were attempted in the first months of our marriage.  And I guess if I really have vowed to be overly honest with you blog readers, maybe I should change the word months in that sentence to years.  Jay and I once took an honest look at the meals dined in to meals dined out ratio and found, well, we eat out a lot.

                               Remember this post from my newlywed days where I used my rolling pin for the first time?

Tasty and Tortuous Tuesdays are a look at our misadventures in food and fitness.  We are inconsistent in both, and experts at neither.  So the title tasty and tortuous can really apply to either food or fitness on any given day depending on the scenario. 

Today, we're hoping for tasty.  I've got a freezer full of meat I'm trying to work my way through.


At the moment, dinner is cooking in the oven.  Peanut butter pork is the recipe dujour (hello, I'm SOO a chef!).  We've got a special person in our lives who is kind of a pork guy.  We occasionally receive some meat from him as a gift, and I'm trying to learn how to cook it.  So yeah, I found this recipe that looked good and we're trying it tonight. 

Jay is a great husband and always eats what I make with a smile on his face, although I'm sure he's had moments he's actually gagging it down. I think a typical recipe that I make goes by the 50/50/90 rule.  If I follow the directions, odds are I have a 50/50 chance of the recipe turning out edible. And of the recipes I make, I don't like the way they turn out about 90% of the time.

Okay, timer's buzzing!  Here's to hoping this one's in the 10%!

1 comment:

Amber said...

So...what's the verdict?! :) Does PB and pork really work?