Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to School...(If you can call it that)

This blog post will be painful for me to write.  I have a pit in my stomach and the house is so super quiet that the dog growls at everything.  I hate that.  I am a person who has to force myself to embrace change.  And today marks a change that I'm having a hard time with.  I'm just going to say it.  Rip the band-aid off and get it over with.
You're cute, but you're a disgrace to ISU
Jay's an Iowa puke-eye Hawkeye. 

Oh gag, that was harder than I thought. Yes, it's true.  Jay started his MBA tonight and will be attending the University of Iowa.  I hope degrees from that university actually count, otherwise this will just be a colossal waste of time and energy.

Okay, all jokes aside, this is an exciting change for us.  Jay loves school and is really geeked-out to go back.  I love to see him get really excited about something and so I'm all geeked-out for him.
He read AHEAD last night for his class today - Who does that?
It will be a change for us, as he'll be traveling to Cedar Rapids two nights a week for classes for like, the next 2 1/2 years or so.  With some breaks, of course.  And since my love language is quality time (have you read that book? Read it. Now. Okay, finish this post and then read it. Ooo, that's another blog post idea!) we're going to have to get creative about carving some time out for each other. 

But really, I'm just so giddy for my man. This is something he's always wanted to do, and I'm glad we've been able to find a good fit for him and for us (me and Dottie of course).  I even made him take first day of school pictures.

Classic first day of school picture by the door. Complete with new backpack!
And I packed him a little coffee for his cold trip to Cedar Rapids!

You could be a part-time model. But you'd probably have to keep your normal job.
I'm such a good wife.  Hee hee.

4 comments:

JAY!!! said...

I would like to point out that my fleece was zipped up all night tonight, so with the exception of that first picture the Hawkeye shirt was never displayed. I also want to point out that during my pre-studying, which is what all good ISU students do/did, I wore the correct colors. Lastly, please notice my coffee cup. Of course, I did go to class only to skip it for a night of binge drinking. Maybe I am a Hawkeye?

b+k said...

First, I would like to thank both of you for the entertainment and mental engagement that your posts provide. I need something to keep me busy over here. Second, nice comment Jay, I'll keep thinking you're a true Iowa Stater. Third, I occasionally read the blog StuffChristiansLike, and his post today was about the 5 love languages. He made up some of his own, and I thought you might like them too.
http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2011/01/4302/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+stuffchristianslikeblog+(Stuff+Christians+Like+-+Jon+Acuff)

b+k said...

well, that link didn't work. try #2

http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2011/01/4302/

The Goob said...

heresy is heresy whether you unzip the zipper or not.