Thursday, January 20, 2011

Loads of Fun

Ever have a sudden need to stash something out of sight? Or have that thing that just doesn't seem to have a place to go?  Let me introduce you to one of our more popular "hideaway" places....

The laundry room!
Jay is the only one in this household who has fun doing laundry.
For tonight's Thorough Thursday I tackled a job that I have avoided countless times, but has caused me much frustration.  I have walked by it for months thinking "Oh that laundry room is such a mess! I need to clean it some day!"  It looked like crap in there,  and it really annoyed me.
Ughhh. 
I thought this would be a huge undertaking.  I saved it for a night where I had nothing else to do.  It would probably take me all night. Seriously, it took me 10 minutes to clean.

So I have no big dramatic story about how terrible this was for me. But as to not leave you disappointed, and because our door promised you "loads of fun", let me show you what I found on this clean-out.

just part of the treasure
I spy with my little eye... MC the Hammer, a lint roller, marshmallows, a Christmas cookie container, a box of golf balls, chapstick, 25 unsharpened pencils, eyedrops, a lightbulb, an old checkbook, a koozie, Irish Spring soap.....

(Yes, mom, you raised me better than this. I'm sorry for failing you...)
                                                                                    
....a big bowl of Halloween candy!!!

 I recall a day when I told Jay, "Hide this candy, I don't want to eat any more of it!"



An ipod speaker....
What? You don't keep yours above the dryer?
 And for every ridiculous before, you need to see the after.  Ahhh, much better!! 

Neat and tidy
No more mess!! 
I feel so much better having it all cleaned out.  Makes me wonder why I don't keep it clean in the first place.  Please don't judge my sometimes slobby tendencies, I'm just keeping it real.

3 comments:

The Goob said...

Not shown: the cupboard where all the stuff that used to be in the laundry room now resides

:)

(wait, doesn't everyone clean like I do?)

Amber said...

Haha...I don't know who Goob is, but that's hilarious... Been there... :) I organized our laundry room (basement) awhile back and wanted to put our dry laundry soap in pretty canisters. Ross then informed me that if I wanted him to continue doing our laundry, he would not transfer detergent from the box to a canister "just to look pretty". :)Point taken.

GeonHui's Bakery said...

Good job! Halloween candy find too funny.