Sunday, January 2, 2011

New and Improved?

K: Welcome to the new and semi-improved blog.  Dah-duh-duh-dah!! It has tabs – yay!, it has links – ooo!, and it has a THEME!! – ahhhhh! 
J: Kels, just because we added a feature to our blog that was created in 1998 doesn’t mean we need to explain it.

K: Anyways, Jay and I have become avid blog readers and lovers (blog lovers you sickos) over the past few years but realized our personal blog writing was, well, lacking.  So we are trying to be a little more intentional about the writing we do.  And we figured the best way to do that would be to tag-team these efforts.  Jay will bring the brawn and I will bring the beauty.  Kels will bring her wit, and Jay will bring his sentiment.  We make a great team, you get the idea. 
J: I will admit that this is a strange endeavor for me. I have a blog. I like my blog. It features me occasionally being sarcastic, me occasionally being sentimental, and me occasionally complaining about how the world we live in no longer makes sense. I still might update that blog on occasion. Like I said, I like it…it has a picture of me as a baby on it. You can’t go wrong with baby pictures of me. That said, I like to write, and it can be hard to sit down and write a blog just for the sake of writing a blog. Most of the blogs I read are the same: the writer inconsistently (or in some cases VERY inconsistently) writes an entry about um, something, anything, whatever happens to be on his/her (mostly his) mind the day he/she (okay, entirely he) had enough spare time to sit and write for a half hour. That’s why Kelsey and I decided we’d actually try to develop some consistent ideas for each day on this blo…My wife is sticking her tongue out at me and telling me I’ve been writing for too long. She says it is her turn. So, um, I guess I gave you a lot of introduction there with no payoff. I tend to do that. Anyways, she’s now glaring and yawning (a little too exaggerated if you ask me), so I better hand her back this high quality Apple MacBook.

K: …g. He was trying to say consistent ideas on our blog.  We picked topics that are relevant to what’s happening in our 20-almost-30-something lives, and overarching themes that tend to pop up in our blogs anyway. Our intent is for this to be an open book about what’s going on in our perfectly imperfect lives. So here goes nothing. Jay, anything else to add? (you know he will, he’s the wordy one) 
J: Nope. That covers it...Kidding, kidding. Call it a New Year’s Resolution or call it a (gag me) “lifestyle change,” but Kelsey and I are trying to improve some areas of our life we tend not to concentrate on…we dine out a lot, we have messy cabinets, the unfinished area of our basement looks like an apartment from Hoarders on TLC. We also wanted to share some of the things we do well…budget, shower each other with compliments, raise neurotic puppies. We want to write about the steps we’re taking to improve and share ideas that could help others, hopefully getting feedback and tips from our readers along the way. We’re going to try to write six blogs a week. Sometimes it might be less than that, sometimes more.

K:  So there you have it, our vision for the future. I really think that about covers it. I’m not giving the computer back to Jay, he’s reached his word limit.  


Random Clipart found at: dailyme.com/gallery/entertainment/cheers.html; www1.free-clipart.net; www.fotosearch.com/clip-art/housework.html; www.canstockphoto.com

1 comment:

Guy Fieri said...

Did you really just put a bibliography of your clip art guys?